Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Requested: Sigma Makeup Brush Review

I got my Sigma Brushes about a year ago and I've been requested many times to give a review on them and I'm finally getting around to it!

I bought one of their brush kits that had both face and eye brushes. As you all know, I'm not big on eye makeup during the day (aside from eyeliner) so I didn't make use of as many of the eye brushes, but I wanted to give you a visual of which brushes I use the most:

(From L-R):

Sigma SS 190- foundation brush (I use this to apply concealer to larger areas)

Sigma SS 194- concealer brush (for spot-use of concealer/smaller areas)

Sigma SS 224- blending brush- I use this to blend my YSL Touche Eclat or other under-eye concealer

Anastasia Brow Brush (I included this because I didn't get a brush for brows from Sigma)

Sigma SS 150- powder brush (I use this to apply bronzer---it's in bad shape because I abused it for a long time)

Sigma SS 239- eye shadow brush (I use this one to apply MAC's "blanc type" all over my lid---the only e/s I wear on the daily)

Sigma SS 168- blush brush

Sigma SS 209
- pointer eyeliner brush (this is the best brush for gel liner applied to the upper lash line)

Sigma SS 266- slanted eyeliner brush (I also use this on my top or bottom lash line)

Overall I find the quality of Sigma brushes to be excellent and I enjoy using them. They are priced incredibly for what you get.  I've had no problems with any of the brushes aside from the powder brush.  I used to use it to apply both powder and bronzer and roughly brushed it on a towel over and over between uses.  That destroyed the bristles a bit, and I blame that on myself, not the quality of brushes.

It looks to me like the kit I got is no longer available the way I got it. I believe I paid about $69 for all of my brushes whereas now you can buy the eye brushes I have for $45 and the face brushes I have for $45. You can check those out here.

I still think these brushes are priced better than MAC brushes. My exceptions when it comes to Sigma brushes is the powder and slanted liner brushes.  I prefer MAC's powder brush (even if I hadn't destroyed my Sigma one) and I prefer MAC's slanted liner brush to apply eyeshadow to my lower lash line.  Otherwise, I love all of my Sigma brushes.

Do you own sigma brushes? What do you think of them?  You can now build your own brush kits on their website too, which I think is a great option, especially for holiday gifts!  I also love that their brushes come with pink handles too (I just had to add that in! they got the pink ones after I already bought mine though!)

I highly recommend Sigma brushes. The price and quality is wonderful and I've enjoyed using them for about a year now.

xoxo,

Veronika.

*disclaimer: This review is my honest opinion based on having used these brushes for the last year.  I am not being compensated for this review and have no affiliation with Sigma Makeup.