Sunday, November 7, 2010

Product Rave: Philosophy The Microdelivery Mini Peel Pads

It's not often that I get to rave about a face product because my skin tends to be so sensitive and sometimes breakout prone.  I was really hesitant to try the Philosophy Microdelivery Mini Peel Pads ($35 for 60 at Sephora), but at my last visit with my dermatologist where I had a mole removed (benign, thank God!) I mentioned I was concerned about the texture of the skin on my forehead.

Allow me to elaborate.  Basically, my forehead has this weird texture to it.  It looks kind of bumpy (but not pimples) and the skin gets very flaky and peels off a lot.  I tried to just exfoliate and moisturize and use Tazorac on it, but nothing has worked as well as these peel pads.

The skin there got so bad that when I wore makeup, you could literally see the peeling skin on my forehead. It was so frustrating. My dermatologist mentioned I might benefit from an alpha hydroxy based face wash to exfoliate my skin.

When Sephora had their F&F sale, I decided to try the microdelivery peel pads because they got pretty good reviews. I'm so glad I did!  Now, when I put on my makeup my skin is smoother and softer.  Overall my skin just looks and feels better.

I only use HALF of one pad every night (I cut them in half). I don't feel that you need an entire pad for your face.  After cleansing, I pat my face dry and apply this all over. It's almost like a toner. You might notice your face will feel a little bit sticky as the product is drying but I don't mind that at all because I apply it right before bed. You can also layer other night products on once the peel is dry.

I have noticed that my pores are smaller as well, which is wonderful.

I just wanted to share this with you ladies because I love to rave about an incredible product when I discover one.  For those of you who are Sephora VIB's, they are mailing out 20% off coupons again to be used between November 11-15.  I'm probably going to pick up a few more things including:

Tarte Natural Lip Stain with LipSurgence™ Technology in the color "charmed" (light pink)
Ole Henriksen Ultimate Eye Lift Gel (I've been using a sample of this now at bedtime for about 2 weeks and it is absolutely amazing!!!)
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask (I've heard Tiffany D talk about this product and how incredible it is)
Make Up For Ever
Aqua Smoky Lash (I've heard such incredible things about this mascara lately)

Do you plan to buy anything else at Sephora with your 20% off coupon?  It's a great idea to use your discount to stock up on Christmas gifts too!

xoxo,

Veronika.