Sunday, November 28, 2010

Make Your Holidays Beautiful: Shutterfly Holiday Cards (Bloggers can get 50 Free!)

I usually wait until 2 weeks before Christmas to send out my holiday cards.  This year though, I am lucky to be participating in Shutterfly's Holiday Card Promotion!  I've done photo cards before, but they were NOT as cute as the ones offered by Shutterfly!

I was seriously impressed when I saw the wide variety of designs they had to choose from---there's really something for everyone.  As part of my job I work a lot with graphic designers, so I know these cards are beautifully designed and the variety of layouts is wonderful as well. There are 805 (YES 805!!!) designs to choose from!

I still don't know which design I'm going to pick...but these are my favorites so far:



I am probably going to create our card with one of our wedding photos.  Since we will be in Paris and London over the holidays, it will be nice to have these beautiful cards sent out before we leave for our trip.  We always send to relatives and close friends.

I love receiving cards too---I put them all over our fridge, though I've contemplated creating a photo wreath too---maybe next year!  I love photo cards because it's nice to see family members and friends.  I like to see their smiling faces on my fridge during the holidays, especially if it's someone we don't see often or who lives far away.

If you are a blogger, you are also eligible to apply for 50 free Christmas Cards as part of this promotion. Here are the instructions:

* If you have a blog, visit this website where you can apply to get 50 free cards from Shutterfly. *update---I've been told this link doesn't work...try this new one: http://blog.shutterfly.com/5358/holiday2010-blog-submission-form/*

* You can also check out the other products Shutterfly has to offer for the holidays (an anytime, really):


Do you enjoying sending out and receiving holiday cards?  What do you think about photo cards as holiday cards? I once had someone tell me they didn't like them because they felt "self-indulgent" but I feel the opposite way---like I said, I love seeing familiar, smiling faces in my home during the holidays---even if it's just on my fridge.


xoxo,

Veronika.