Monday, November 15, 2010

Product Reviews: Urban Decay 24/7 Liner, YSL Touche Eclat, Ole Henriksen Ultimate Eye Lift Gel

I've ordered a lot of products from Sephora lately so I wanted to give a little review to 3 products that I'm really excited about.

For Lining Your Waterline

Number one is Urban Decay's 24/7 Eyeliner in "Zero."  It's actually much better than my Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner for the waterline, specifically.  It goes on smooth (almost creamy) and stays put.  I think UD's liner is overall a better product than MUFE's liner, if you're on the fence.  I only use this on my waterline and that's the purpose I bought it for.

To Brighten Your Eyes

I don't really get dark circles, but I do like to brighten my eye area to really make eyes look awake, rested and overall pretty.  I have wanted to try Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat for quite awhile now but couldn't justify the $40 price tag.  What prompted me to finally buy the full size is when I got a sample of it with my first Sephora F&F order. It was love at first application (I have Number 1- Luminous Radiance, by the way.)

I use a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush to blend the product into my under eye area after I've applied it from the actual clicky brush thing that the product comes in.

Touche Eclat is basically a concealer/highlighter that brightens skin and makes eyes look vibrant.  It's pricey, but a fun splurge if you're looking for a great highlighter/concealer.  Please note that if you have dark circles, you will still need to use a regular concealer as this is a brightening/highlight product. It doesn't have heavy coverage, it's very light, almost translucent. 


To Firm Skin Around Your Eyes/Make Eyes Look Rested

About 3 weeks ago, I got a couple of samples of Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel.  I was a little skeptical at first because it's not an anti-aging product so I thought to myself "why would I need this?" The answer was clear after the first few nights I used it.

Notice how I said NIGHT.  You might read the reviews about this product with people complaining that it's "too sticky" and "you can't wear makeup over it." That, my friends, is because this is a NIGHT TIME ONLY product.  It IS sticky but you just put it on and go to sleep so it doesn't bother me at all.

The moment you put the cooling gel on your eyes you can feel its firming effects.  Basically, the gel is meant to be used at night to firm the eye area and to reduce puffiness so that when you wake up everything is marvelous!

I bought the full size of this eye gel and use it nightly.  I plan to eventually do it every other night, alternating it with an anti-aging eye cream.  I would say this is a MUST for anyone who doesn't get enough sleep.  That's not the case for me, but I just like how smooth my eyes look when I use it.



Do you have an products to rave about?   Did any of your Sephora F&F purchases turn out to be Holy Grail worthy?

xoxo,

Veronika.


PS-  I know it's Monday---and I don't have a MM this week---but I will share this:  tonight, when I got home from work I felt drained and overall like I just wanted to plop down on the couch and watch TV. I forced myself to change into gym clothes as soon as I got home. I went to my gym, did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of ab and leg work. I was really proud that I pushed myself because overall, I feel a lot better now.

I am going to try to finish up some of my packing for my trip now. Can you believe all I'm taking is a big purse and one carry-on suitcase? I'm really trying to maximize what I bring so it's all versatile---lots of black, of course!