Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Returning It: Redken Body Full Instant Bodifier & Requested: IRL Pics of the CR Boots

Redken Body Full Instant Bodifier.  Oh do I have things to say about this product.  Usually I post product raves, but sadly (and I wanted to love this) this gets a big thumbs-down from me.  It's from their new Body Full line and I thought I'd pick it up when I was at Ulta over the weekend since it was so highly recommended by MakeupByAlli (love her blog and YouTube channel BTW!)

Before I get into this rant, I must say that I LOVE most Redken products, this one just wasn't for me. It literally had no "PROS" aside from the fact that it does smell nice.

I used this product on the roots of my hair for my Monday blowout, and what happen can only be described as sticky.  When I ran my fingers through my roots as a blow-dried, it felt like I had sprayed a dry glue into my hair. It was just really dry, rough and sticky. I could hardly work with my round brush.  My hair felt like it was being overpowered by the product instead of working with the product in harmony to create a soft, voluminous blowout.

This product is made for "baby fine" hair...I do have fine hair but I have a lot of it, so maybe it's just not meant for my hair type. It makes hair feel stiff and sticky and the results of my blowout were not as good because it sort of prevents your hair from getting that "bounce" most women covet (at least for me that was the case.)

When I use Redken GUTS 10 Volume Spray Foam, it's a whole new story. That product is an HG for me and gives a ton of volume without the undesired stiffness and stickiness. You might experience a tiny bit of stickyness when you're first drying your hair, but it goes away as you dry your hair and hair is still soft and bouncy. I also love Redken's Full Frame Mousse.

I will be retuning this to Ulta ASAP. It retails for $16.99. My advice: stick with the GUTS 10 foam.

On another note, one of my lovely readers asked me to take a picture of my CR boots ON.  I was somewhat horrified when I put them on after work today because they um...kind of hurt. Like immediately as I put them on. That concerns me since they are supposed to be my main walking shoe in Paris.  So I'm going to try them on again at different times and see how they feel.  If they continue to hurt that's definitely going to be an issue and I'll have to (sadly) return them.  I hate that because I thought my search was finally over. I hate that I have to look for the seemingly impossible perfect cognac boot again (and if I get new ones they will probably cost a heck of a lot more. ugh.)

Ok, here they are:

*Sigh*  I really don't want to return them :(  Ladies, if you can find flat, cognac boots (not the Steve Madden Intyce ones--- they've already been eliminated) for under $200, please post the link below! I'm desperate! I didn't see these in the store when I went---but they are also from CR and might be a good option for me (link).

Thank you for reading.  I have my trainer tonight so I'm looking forward to a nice tough workout!

xoxo,
Veronika.