Monday, November 8, 2010

OOTD: Navy, Pink & Gingham & Brazilian Butt Lift Mini Review

Happy Monday ladies! I hope you had a nice day today. I know things can be funny the first Monday back from a time change. I laughed on my drive home today because I realized that today is the first day that I forgot to wear my watch to work pretty much since I've had it.  What a coincidence!

I always love daylight savings because that extra hour of sleep really does make a difference for me. I like to get a full 8 hours of sleep every night.  I understand not everyone can get that much sleep because they have kids, but if you are childless, making sleep a priority is really important. It benefits how you look, how you feel and even your weight. Okay, off on a tangent there!

Before I get to today's outfit, I wanted to share a quick, mini-review on the Brazilian Butt Lift videos by Beach Body.  Beach Body seems to have a wonderful talent for finding the most annoying video hosts ever. From P90X to the Butt Lift series, all I want to do is mute the entire workout so I don't have to listen to the voices/comments/attempts to be funny/motivational. It's really just too much (though, if I had to pick, I'd rather listen to the Brazilian guy, at least he actually is sort of funny and doesn't constantly remind you how fat you are or how gross Big Macs are.)


Okay, so let's get down to the video. Yesterday I somehow managed to motivate myself to do a 5:30 PM workout in our guest bedroom/home gym.  I popped in the Brazilian Butt Lift 45 minute sculpting video and worked it out.  I am sore today. Genuinely sore. The video also makes you break a sweat.  The moves are a little fast---I had to kind of start some of them later than the people in the video because I had to get used to the moves and transitions.  For the sculpting video you need two free weights and a yoga mat (and uh...stamina.) Overall I felt like I got a really good workout and think this video is a great way to stay in shape between gym workouts. I should also mention that the sculpting DVD features a full-body workout (arms, abs, legs.)

Like I mentioned above, the video host is totally cheesy and the scenes of gyrating hips over and over is kind of overkill but it's a good workout, so I'll let it slide.

Moving on...
Shirt- Abercrombie & Fitch (in the clearance section!)
Cardigan- American Eagle Outfitters
Skirt- LOFT
Shoes- Jessica Simpson
Bag- MbMJ
Necklace- Forever 21


I absolutely LOVE a bright pink and navy blue together. It's one of my fave combos lately!

xoxo,

Veronika.