Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Update & Thank You

I just wanted to post a quick update.

First of all, I am incredibly humbled and so touched by all of the wonderful comments, emails and formspring comments I've gotten in the last few days.  I consider myself incredibly lucky to have such amazing readers who have such beautiful hearts.

It really means the world to me to have this kind of support at such a difficult time. To be honest, I am still in a lot of shock about all of this.

I am really holding it together right now, because I just booked a trip to Slovakia to attend my grandmother's funeral. I haven't been to my birthplace for 17 years or so now.  The last time I saw many family members I was 9 or 10 years old.

It's going to be a highly emotional trip, but I know I will never forget that I was able to go there to honor my grandmother's memory. My mother will be going as well...and as many of you know we are kind of estranged from each other so that adds additional emotions to this entire trip.


I have to give a shout-out to my beautiful friend Jamie (you can check out her Motivation Mondays post here).  She sent me the most beautiful flowers this morning (peonies and hydrangeas, my favorites!) I am just so touched by all of the support and love that I am so lucky to have in my life.

Today I'm going to go to one of the bigger Forever21 stores with Candice to try and find some hats and gloves for my Slovakia trip and also our Paris/London trip in December.  I also have to return a few things. I've decided to return the American Eagle jacket with the fur hood. I really like it, but I don't know that I'll wear it that often when we are in Europe (because I have my long black coat) and I just would rather buy a jacket that I can layer under so that I can wear it here in Houston too, where it doesn't really get cold enough to wear such a heavy coat. I'm also planning on using my 20% off Sephora coupon today. 

I feel like life is such a whirlwind right now.  I leave on Wednesday afternoon to go to Slovakia. I'm going to carry-on so packing will definitely be tight.  I'm pretty much going to bring all black clothes and boots and a coat so I think I'll do OK with just the carry on and a very large purse. I'm only staying until early Sunday morning.

Thank you again so much, from the bottom of my heart for everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers to me and my family. It really means more to me than I can express in words.

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS---  I don't know that I will be able to blog while I'm gone...but I might try to do some entries in advance so something's going up ever other day or so.  I have a few product reviews that I'd love to share.