Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Notes: Kate Middleton's Loveliness,Tennis & New Nike Eclipse Shoes

I am so glad that I was able to have a 4-day weekend.  After the traveling, jet lag and turkey dinners, I was exhausted and it was nice to sleep in today!

I started my morning off right by watching some DVR'd shows all about Prince William and Kate Middleton.  Can I just say how much I adore her? I mean, her hats, her gorgeous blown-out hair, her pretty smile. Sigh.  She will be a gorgeous princess.  I'll admit that I'm more than a little obsessed with her various hair adornments and hats:

 

I mean...isn't she just perfect?  I just love how the hats add that incredible last touch to an outfit

No stranger to hair accessories myself, I must say they really do make an outfit more unique.  I once wore a back feather flower in my hair with a little of that black netting on it (from Forever 21) to a club for a friend's birthday and it was a conversation piece all night---guys and girls would stop me and be like I LOVE that thing in your hair! (even if they didn't quite know what it was.) I was shocked at the response because usually I think people think big hair accessories like that are weird...but I'm not one to care what others think so I just rock them with pride! Here are a few of my hair accessories in action:


 OK, maybe this one's more of a mask, but FEATHERS=LOVE!  This was on Halloween
 More halloween
 It was always my dream to be a princess :P
 Wedding Feathers
 Feathered headband on my birthday

So see, Ms. Middleton and I have much in common.  I think it's pretty clear we share a love of feathers, hats and headbands.  And princes I'm really happy for them! Can't wait for the royal wedding!

Do YOU ever wear feathery or floral hair accessories? If you do, do you find that people approach you about it or do you get strange looks?

Today my husband and I played some tennis at a local court.  It was really fun---we hadn't gone to hit balls since last year.   The weather was perfect and it was a great workout (though admittedly, we had to stop after 30 minutes because I got a nasty blister that ripped after only those 30 minutes of playing---it's on my right index finger right where it bends so it's particularly painful.)

Then we ventured off to Academy where I bought some resistance bands to use with my Pilates workout DVD's.  I also picked up this pair of Nike Eclipse shoes I've had my eye on.  I just love the color combo! I'm going to wear them for light workouts and I'll also bring them to Paris for walking if I ever need a day off from my boots.

 Resistance bands and PINK tennis balls! (why not, right!?)



I really like them. They are sleeker than typical running shoes so they're a good "casual" shoe choice. They retail for $65.00 at most places but at Academy they were competitively priced at $59.99, so I saved a few bucks. Amazon also has them for $59.99.

Did you do any shopping today? I was tempted to go to the Galleria but I somehow talked myself out of it.  I really should be saving for the trip because I'm sure I'll want to shop there.

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- I took a few shots of Lulu with the new camera---and BIG difference.  The quality is incredible.